BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
I am honored to be able to serve on boards and committees for the City of El Paso to ensure due diligence and proper oversight is observed for our community.
FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT AND AUDIT COMMITTEE (FOAC)
Representative Dr. Morgan was appointed to the FOAC by the Mayor El Paso and elected Chair of the board by his City Council colleagues. The Financial Oversight and Audit Committee "FOAC" was established for the purpose of providing legislative oversight of the function of the Internal Auditor, to review financial policies of the city, and formulate recommendations for the City Council and City Manager.
CITY OF EL PASO LIAISON TO FORT BLISS
Representative Dr. Morgan was appointed by the Mayor of El Paso as the the Military Liaison for the City of El Paso in all matters dealing with Fort Bliss Military installation, to help the two entities work together for the betterment of the community.
CITY EMPLOYEES' PENSION FUND BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Representative Dr. Morgan was appointed to the City Employees' Pension Fund Board of Trustees by the Mayor of El Paso to ensure that secure retirement benefits are available, that quality information concerning those benefits is available and serve to manage assets of the fund prudently, and administer benefits with impartiality for all retired city employees.
EL PASO METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
Representative Dr. Morgan was appointed to the El Paso Metropolitan Planning Organization (EPMPO) by the Mayor of El Paso to assist with:
- Strategies and projects for the future
- A systems level approach by considering roadways, transit, non motorized transportation, and intermodal connections
- Projected demand for transportation services over 20 years
- Regional land use
- Employment goals and plans
- Cost estimates and reasonably available financial sources for operation, maintenance, and capital investments
- Ways to preserve existing roads and facilities and make efficient use of the existing system